Client Responsibilities for
Chapter 13 Cases
- Trustee payments to the Chapter 13 Trustee are to be made out to, Isabel C. Balboa.
- The payments are to be made by certified check, bank check, or money order.
- The money order or other payment item has to have my case number written on it.
- My monthly payments are to be mailed to:
Isabel Balboa, Chapter 13 Trustee
PO Box 1978
Memphis, TN 38101-1978
Or, Isabel Balboa does accept electronic payments https://www.standingtrustee.com/epay/
341 MEETING OF CREDITORS
- I understand that I will have to go for a meeting at the office of Ms. Balboa, the Chapter 13 Trustee in either Cherry Hill or Northfield depending on the county you reside.
- I understand that if I fail to appear for a total of 2 scheduled 341(a) Meeting of Creditors, the Trustee may move to dismiss my case.
- I understand that any requested documents from my 341 Meeting of Creditors must be submitted 14 days prior to my scheduled Confirmation Hearing date.
- I understand that I do not have to attend my Confirmation unless requested by my Attorney.
- I understand that if I have not made required Trustee payments or supplied my Attorney’s office with any documents requested from my 341 Meeting of Creditors, the Trustee may move to dismiss my case.
SECURED PAYMENTS GOING FORWARD
- I understand that my bankruptcy payments cover any and all arrears that I may have for my secured loans (mortgage, car loan, etc) up to the date of filing and that I am responsible to make any future payments on these secured creditors.
- In the event that I miss a Trustee payment or other required payment such as a mortgage payment, car payment, rent payment or any other payments that I am normally required to make, I will immediately notify my attorney’s office so that they can be aware of what I am going on and advise me if there is anything that can be done to protect me from my creditors.
OBTAINING OR ADJUSTING CREDIT
- I understand that if I want to buy or sell a house, refinance a home, buy or sell a car, or make any other major purchase or sale during my bankruptcy I will need court approval and I will notify my attorney’s office in this type of situation before I sign any agreements.