DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR A
- The total Chapter 7 Fee is $1,250.00.
- The total cost of a Chapter 13 is $3,500.00 with $750.00 due up front. The remaining amount is to be paid through the Chapter 13 plan.
- Proof of Income for the last six (6) months. This can be paystubs if you are working, a benefits letter if you receive government assistance, proof of child support income, and/or a letter from any household contributor with proof of their income.
- Bank statements for three (3) months from all open bank accounts. This includes any accounts you are listed on as just a custodian.
Real Estate Documentation:
- Mortgage payoff on all mortgages in your name.
- Copy of your Deed.
- A comparative market analysis to be completed by a license real estate agent.
- Copy of any open lease agreements.
- Vehicle payoff on all open financing on all vehicles.
- Proof of full coverage insurance on all vehicles.
- Copies of all bills including but not limited to: credit cards, medical bills, utilities, loan, fines, taxes, surcharges and arrears.
- CREDIT REPORT. You can access a free copy yearly by visiting annualcreditreport.com.
- Proof of child support obligation. This must show the child support case number, name and address for recipient and monthly obligation figures.
- CREDIT COUNSELING CERTIFICATE. Credit counseling can be completed online or by phone. The website for a popular credit counseling agency is AbacusCC.org. Once on that page you can select “First Course”. The fee to complete the course online is $25.00. If you prefer to complete the court by phone, you can call: (800) 516-3834. The fee to complete the course by phone is $35.00.
- PHOTO ID & SOCIAL SECURITY CARD. These will need to be present when you meet with the Trustee for your case. If you do not have or have lost your ID or Social Security Card please order a new one right away.